skip to main content

First Step

Getting Started

Before you can drive a lorry you must apply for a provisional licence from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). You can get a driving licence application form, called a D2, from A1 Driving school or from DVLA’s Customer Enquiries Unit.

  • Your category B licence, or provisional car driving licence and a valid driving test pass certificate (from D10)
  • A completed medical report form (D4) signed by a doctor & the appropriate fee
  • Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for getting your licence back from the DVLA.

Please Remember

If this is your first application to drive a lorry, or you are renewing your licence, you must get a doctor to fill in a medical report form D4 (which is also available from post offices and DVLA) and ensure that all the relevant questions are completed.

Highest Quality

We strive to offer a high quality learning environment for a competitive price, making it much more likely that trainees will pass their HGV/LGV or PSV driving test at the 1st attempt.